Air Conditioning/Chiller Engineer - Cambridge
Location: Cambridge | Type: Permanent
Our branch in Cambridge is looking for an experienced, talented Service Engineer to join their busy team.
This is a role which will predominantly be working on a prestigious water chiller contract in Cambridge but will also involve occasional travel around Cambridgeshire and further afield, visiting client sites to service and maintain air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
- Working in the field attending call outs to commercial, industrial and occasional domestic clients.
- Diagnosing, fault finding and problem solving on refrigeration and air conditioning equipment in commercial, industrial and domestic sites.
- Liaising with your branch to order parts and items that are required to fix faults you have diagnosed.
- Engineers are required to cover an out-of-hours on-call service on a rota basis. All overtime / out of hours work is paid.
- Must have a solid working experience as an air conditioning and refrigeration service engineer on commercial, industrial and domestic sites, with working knowledge of VRVs, VRFs and Chillers.
- Confident engineer with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have demonstrable experience of working with split systems, VRV's, VRF's, Close Control, Chillers. Industrial refrigeration units, cold rooms and AHU’s
- Refrigerant handling C&G2079 or equivalent is essential.
- F Gas 2079
- Vocational qualification up to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Water chiller experience would be an advantage.
- Must show excellent organisation, communication and prioritisation skills.
- The ideal candidate will show outstanding customer service skills with the ability to translate technical jargon into understandable language for the client and provide neat detailed reports
- Hold a full current driving licence.
- In order to be able to best serve our customers, the successful candidate must be based within 20 miles of Cambridge and have a full, valid UK driving licence.
Standard hours are 40 hours per week with the requirement to cover out of hours call outs on a rota basis. Additional income can be earned from generous overtime payments and call out rota.
To apply for this role, please use the button below where you can complete the on-line application form and submit your CV. Please note we are an equal opportunities employer.