Location: Chatham | Type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Contracts Engineer with proven contracting / project management within the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning industry to join our team at our Chatham Branch.
The Role - To:
- Be responsible for project management of the installation and commissioning of a wide range of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems.
- Be the main point of contact for customers throughout the project.
- Be responsible for production and implementation of Method Statements and Risk Assessments for all projects.
- Coordinate schematics for projects, submitting drawings to CAD department for production.
- Ensure that all resources, including materials, equipment, labour and sub-contractors are planned, ordered and allocated to contracts as appropriate and managed throughout the project.
- Carefully monitor job costing for contracts, including materials and engineer hours booked.
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing of parts and equipment and ensure parts are ordered on time.
- Supervise and oversee the work of installation teams and any appointed sub-contractors, being their main point of contact and technical support.
- Visit sites regularly to ensure regular customer contact and high standards of work.
- Oversee commissioning of all projects and follow up paperwork.
- Proven experience of project management in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience of installing refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- A resourceful and logical thinker with the ability to plan and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to build good professional relationships with customers, colleagues and sub-contractors alike.
- Good people management skills.
- A deep understanding of and the ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- A background in construction project management or mechanical engineering would be a distinct advantage.
- Computer literate and familiar with using Microsoft Office suite.
- A full, valid UK driving licence is essential.
- We offer a competitive salary and a company vehicle.
- 40 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
We are an equal opportunities employer.