Contracts Engineer / Manager
Location: Reading | Type: Permanent
We are looking for an excellent Contracts Engineer with proven contracting / project management experience within the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning industry.
- Responsible for project management in the installation and commissioning of a wide range of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems.
- Be the main point of contact for customers throughout the project.
- Responsible for production and implementation of Method Statements and Risk Assessments for all projects.
- Provide schematics for projects, submitting drawings to CAD department for production.
- Ensure that all resources, including materials, equipment, labour and sub-contractors are planned, ordered and allocated to contracts as appropriate and managed throughout the project.
- Carefully monitor job costing for contracts, including materials and engineer hours booked.
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing of parts and equipment and ensure parts are ordered on time.
- Supervise and oversee the work of installation teams and any appointed sub-contractors, being their main point of contact and technical support.
- Visit sites regularly to ensure regular customer contact and high standards of work.
- Oversee commissioning of all projects and follow up paperwork.
- Proven experience of project management in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience of installing refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- A resourceful and logical thinker with the ability to plan and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent communication skillsboth written and verbal.
- The ability to build good professional relationships with customers, colleagues and sub-contractors alike.
- Good people management skills.
- A deep understanding of and the ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- A background in construction project management or mechanical engineering would be a distinct advantage.
- Computer literate and familiar with using Microsoft Office suite.
- A full, valid UK driving licence is essential.
Adventurous A ‘can do’ attitude, ability to ‘think outside the box’ in challenging situations, proactive problem solver. Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills and ways of working.
Dedicated Enthusiasm to deliver an excellent service every day to both colleagues and customers, understanding the importance of reflecting accuracy and attention to detail.
Courteous Always respectful, polite and considerate when dealing with colleagues and customers alike with a naturally friendly and professional manner.
Outstanding Able to deliver a high-quality service through continuous improvement of knowledge of the business and customer needs. Driven and motivated by a personal desire to succeed.
Connecting Ability to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and customers; A proactive team player, displaying positive energy and enthusiasm with an optimistic attitude towards teamwork, willing to pitch whenever necessary to support colleagues.
Knowledgeable A desire for personal development of knowledge and skills and those of the team.
We offer a competitive salary with a company car, 25 days holiday per year which increases with service and a Company Pension.
Basic hours are 40 hours per week, 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday or as required to suit business needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer.