Location: Chelmsford | Type: Permanent
We are currently recruiting a full-time Parts Administrator to be responsible for the administration of the Chelmsford branch stores.
The main duties are:
- Responsible for sourcing and ordering parts and materials, PPE and tools at best value and arrange deliveries to the correct location on the correct day.
- Managing the stores area ensuring stock and tools are all booked in and out and keeping the stores area clean and tidy.
- Regular communication with colleagues on the progress and/or delay of deliveries.
- Administration of purchases, including approval of invoices for payment, processing and returning warranty parts or excess items.
- Managing stock levels of parts, tools and equipment in stores and engineer's vans to Branch requirement, including regular stock takes.
- To book parts, tools and equipment in and out maintaining records and minimising waste and costs.
- Administration of the Branch fleet.
- Monitor van inspections.
- Collect paperwork and follow up on action points.
- Management and record keeping of refrigerants and waste.
- To conduct health and safety checks regularly, including ladder inspections, PAT testing, fire extinguishers, gauge testing, fire alarms, etc.
- Ensure COSHH data is available for any new chemicals purchased.
- Undertake or arrange general building maintenance as required.
- Experience in a similar role in electrical, plumber wholesaler, builder’s merchants or similar supplier based industry.
- Some working experience within the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Computer literate (Microsoft office and database skills) with the ability to learn new computer software systems.
- Well organized and able to work in a fast paced environment to demanding timescales.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Resourceful with the ability to use their own initiative.
- Confident with good negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A great team player, willing to pitch in where necessary to support branch colleagues.
We take pride in our Company values and so along with the above we are looking for someone who would ‘live’ them in their day to day role, demonstrating professionalism and great customer service at all times.
Adventurous A ‘can do’ attitude, ability to ‘think outside the box’ in challenging situations, proactive problem solver. Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills and ways of working.
Dedicated Enthusiasm to deliver an excellent service every day to both colleagues and customers, understanding the importance of reflecting accuracy and attention to detail.
Courteous Always respectful, polite and considerate when dealing with colleagues and customers alike with a naturally friendly and professional manner.
Outstanding Able to deliver a high-quality service through continuous improvement of knowledge of the business and customer needs. Driven and motivated by a personal desire to succeed.
Connecting Ability to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and customers; A proactive team player, displaying positive energy and enthusiasm with an optimistic attitude towards teamwork, willing to pitch whenever necessary to support colleagues.
Knowledgeable A desire for personal development of knowledge and skills and those of the team.
Standard hours are 40 hours per week. We offer a competitive salary.
Adcock is an Equal Opportunities Employer