Service / Maintenance Engineer
Location: Cambridge | Type: Permanent
Our branch in Cambridge is looking for an experienced, talented Service and Maintenance Engineer to join their busy team.
- This is a mobile role which involves travelling extensively around Cambridgeshire and occasionally further afield, visiting client sites to service and maintain air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
- Working in the field attending call outs to commercial, industrial and occasional domestic clients.
- Diagnosing, fault finding and problem solving on refrigeration and air conditioning equipment in commercial, industrial and domestic sites.
- Liaising with your branch to order parts and items that are required to fix faults you have diagnosed.
- Engineers are required to cover an out-of-hours on-call service on a rota basis. All overtime / out of hours work is paid.
- Must have a solid working knowledge as a mobile air conditioning and refrigeration service engineer on commercial, industrial and domestic sites.
- Confident engineer with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- In particular, must have demonstrable experience of working with split systems, VRV's, VRF's, Close Control, Chillers. Industrial refrigeration units, cold rooms and AHU’s
- Refrigerant handling C&G2079 or equivalent is essential.
- Vocational qualification up to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Must show excellent organisation, communication and prioritisation skills.
- The ideal candidate will show outstanding customer service skills with the ability to translate technical jargon into understandable language for the client and provide neat detailed reports
- In order to be able to best serve our customers, the successful candidate must be based within 20 miles of Cambridge and have a full, valid UK driving licence.
Standard hours are 40 hours per week with the requirement to cover out of hours call outs on a rota basis. Additional income can be earned from overtime payments and call out rota.