Location: Bromsgrove | Type: Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Service Engineer to join our Bromsgrove branch.
- This is a mobile role which involves travelling extensively in the areas covered by the Branch and occasionally further afield, visiting client sites to install, service and maintain air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
- Working in the field attending call outs to commercial, industrial and occasional domestic clients.
- Diagnosing and fixing faults and problems with refrigeration and air conditioning equipment in commercial, industrial and domestic units.
- Liaising with your branch to order parts and items that are required to fix faults you have diagnosed.
- Engineers are required to cover an out-of-hours on-call service on a rota basis for which all overtime worked will be paid.
- Where required and to support the development of our engineers, opportunities will be available through our recognised internal training school offering City & Guilds accredited courses.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A solid working knowledge and significant experience working as a mobile service engineer within the air conditioning and refrigeration industries.
- Refrigerant Handling - City &Guilds 2079 or equivalent.
- Hydrocarbon Safe Handling - City & Guilds 6187-21 or equivalent is desirable.
- Excellent organisation, communication, time management and prioritisation skills.
- An excellent understanding of and ability to deliver outstanding customer service skills, able to translate technical jargon into understandable language for the client.
- Good, demonstrable knowledge of commercial, industrial and domestic refrigeration and air conditioning engineering.
- An excellent knowledge base and the desire to help and advise other service engineers and provide mentoring and coaching to more junior engineers when requested, to aid in the development of their knowledge and skills.
- A full, valid UK driving licence is essential.
Standard hours are 40 hours per week with the requirement to cover out of hours call outs on a rota basis. Additional income can be earned from generous overtime payments and call out rota.
Adcock is an Equal Opportunities Employer