Location: Northampton | Type: Permanent
We are looking for an innovative Service Manager with excellent people management skills to join our Northampton Branch.
You will be responsible for the operational and strategic management of the service and maintenance department; Providing an outstanding customer focused service; Ensuring the highest standards are achieved and maintained and for the development and maintenance of strong customer relationships.
- Ensure that reactive and planned service calls, remedial works and maintenance visits are carried out efficiently, effectively and in accordance with legislation to meet the client’s satisfaction.
- Ensure the financial targets of the department are achieved or exceeded.
- Develop new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Responsible for department budget.
- Manage, motivate and develop the department’s staff to ensure effective and productive work flow and delivery of a high level of service.
- Be responsible for workforce planning and recruitment.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to engineers and clients including site visits as and when required to support or resolve on site issues.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and ensure compliance by department staff.
- To perform any other reasonable duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the requirements of the post and skill and qualifications of the post-holder.
- Previous experience as a fully competent refrigeration and air conditioning engineer.
- Experience in a people management / supervisory role
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong technical knowledge on Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, particularly service and maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office and data bases etc.
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent time management skills and ability to and prioritise tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent Decision making and planning skills. Demonstratable ability to plan ahead as well as react quickly and re-prioritise jobs to fulfil customer demand.
- An understanding of and ability to deliver high levels of customer service
- Demonstrable ability and confidence to manage remote teams
A ‘can do’ attitude, ability to ‘think outside the box’ in challenging situations, proactive problem solver. Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills and ways of working.
Enthusiasm to deliver an excellent service every day to both colleagues and customers, understanding the importance of reflecting accuracy and attention to detail.
Always respectful, polite and considerate when dealing with colleagues and customers alike with a naturally friendly and professional manner at all times.
Able to deliver a high quality service through continuous improvement of knowledge of the business and customer needs. Driven and motivated by a personal desire to succeed.
Ability to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and customers; A proactive team player, displaying positive energy and enthusiasm with an optimistic attitude towards teamwork, willing to pitch whenever necessary to support colleagues.
A desire for personal development of knowledge and skills and those of the team.
We offer a very competitive package including a company car.